Thursday, January 17, 2013

School Started Back Today..

and it really wasn't so bad!

This semester I'm lucky to only have two classes on campus, which means I only have to make the hike to school twice a week.

I'm also slightly unlucky because I have to take an online course as well.

This class is something that everybody else in my cohort will put off until their last semester and take a different class this semester instead, however, the only other option for me was a Monday night class.

Like a 6-9 class.

No way. No how. I would rather take an extra class over the summer than to miss out on a night home with my family. There's just too much housework and too much fun to be had with Cam during the evenings. I'm not sure I could handle not getting home until after she was already asleep once a week. This sounds pathetic to some people, I'm sure, but I just can't even imagine that.

But back to the online class.. I'm HORRIBLE at online classes. I just don't have the time management skills in my toolbelt to handle being responsible for all of the deadlines and due dates on my own.

I know, grow up Grace, whatever. I've taken two online classes in the past. I failed them both as a direct result of missing important due dates. Such a stupid reason to fail a class!

I'm terrified that it's going to happen again because no one else is taking it to remind me when things are due!

On top of that, I now have to miss my FAVORITE class at the gym - Butts n Guts. It's so much fun! And the better half of my lower body workout for the week.

I've got to figure out how to balance schoolwork with working out and family time. It's going to be a whole new challenge this semester!

Peak of the day:
Coming home and setting up my binders/school stuff to help me stay organized this semester (let's keep it up!) and the delicious dinner that I'm about to cook for Ryan and Cam (bacon wrapped chicken with mashed potatoes and honey carrots. yummmm).

Valley of the day:
Getting a text message at 5:30 AM that Cam's daycare was closed due to inclement weather (what?! I could have had a PICNIC outside today!) and having to scramble to find someone to watch her while I went to school.


Classes I'm taking this semester:
Learning Disabilities
Statistics (ANOVA)
Education Law (online - yikes!)
Thesis

No comments:

Post a Comment