Friday, January 4, 2013

Meet the Benedict's

Hello friends!
I've never blogged before, but I can spend hours ogling the blogs of women who are much craftier, budget savvier, and in general mommier than I am. In all of my time reading through blogs discovered from pinterest, I've never happened upon a blog of someone who was juggling graduate school with a family and a house (not to say that there aren't any, because I'm sure there are plenty!). 

This blog will chronicle my attempts to survive through graduate school, help myself and my family to be healthy and happy, keep my house in order, and watch my beautiful daughter grow up. 

I'll start with a brief background of the Benedict family.


My name is Grace, I'm 22 and just finished my first semester of my master's program for School Psychology. I have a wonderful husband who works during the day, races dirtbikes during the weekends, and diffuses my meltdowns and recovers my hopeless projects at night. Together we have a 2 year old daughter, Camden Rae. 







For some reason that I will probably never understand, six months ago we did something crazy. 

We bought a house. 

Now, I understand that this probably isn't crazy to most people.. but we had been living in a one bedroom apartment since before Cam was born, and we have never had to deal with everything that comes with a house before. Neither of us had ever lived without a roommate before, and I had definitely never had to cook and clean for anyone other than myself before. 


So what did we do?

Naturally, we bought a house on 6 acres with 3000 square feet. Talk about a change in lifestyle! We had the house not even a month before I started school, so by the time we got moved in and settled it was straight to school with no time for anything else. Although the previous owners of the house took great care of it, they left us with a new (old) dog and a lot of updating to do. Hopefully I will be able to post all of our big projects on here to look back on in the future! 







No comments:

Post a Comment